As ever all things discussed are our own views and do not reflect that of our respective employers. We don’t receive any sponsorship or funding so anything mentioned is our personal un bias opinion.
Concern UK https://www.concern.org.uk/
Drinking hot water
Living on the following for the week:
- 2k Rice
- 400kg Flour
- 170g (fish) swapped for Almonds
- 85g dried chickpeas
- 1 can Kidney Beans
- 330m veg oil
- Plus the following earned 7 earned tea bags, 1 spice (Cumin), some salt, 170g veg (Spinach), 120g extra protean (Chickpeas to make some falafel).
Why she felt the need to do it
- Don’t see enough about in the news about the plight of refugees. Over 5.6m fled Syria 6.6m internally displaced, 650k living in Jordan.
- Good to realise how privileged we are to live in a democracy and the friends and family are well, can cook and have safe water and freedom and choice.
- Important to recognition that people are displaced due to climate change
- Spending time with young adults and know that some of those people would have been in food poverty and wanted to see what it’s like for them.
- Recognition that people are displaced due to climate change
Welcome to nowhere – Elizabeth Laird
Sea Prayer – Khaled Hosseini (Writer of the Kite Runner)
Challenge Me – Screen Time
Moment on the Android Phone
(similar to the Screen Time app on the iPhone)